Monday, August 16, 2010

Yum!

This my friends, is one of my favorite "Mom and Pop," "hole in the wall" restaurants that I love! Doesn't hurt that I grew up less than 5 minutes away. Heck, it's about a 2 minute drive from my parent's house.



Just looking at this picture makes me hungry. For a tortilla burger. Or chicharrones. Even huevos rancheros. And I don't like breakfast. But this breakfast is amazing!



Just look at that plate! It makes me so hungry. Yes, I like to go eat there. After a yummy breakfast, you can walk across the street and spend a few hours at the Cultural Center. Which I love too! There may or may not be some pictures of me and my family there too... :)

But this is definitely one of my favorite places to eat. It just screams home to me. Probably because I have so many great memories of the place. I love going with my parents. And with my friends. We like to eat outside. We tend to be a little loud when we get together. Then we'd head down the road to a local music shop. Or head out to play gigs. Heck, I remember a handful of times my friends and I would go to the Zoo after a yummy breakfast.

And if you don't believe me, the place is always packed! During the week, business men come in, wearing their suits and ties. And a bib! You gotta make sure you don't get the chili on your work clothes. On Saturday mornings, the line is out the door. No lie! Those are probably the only mornings I get up early. Just to go have a chicharron and bean burrito. ♥Besitos

No comments: