Thursday, August 12, 2010

Eating Alone

I was recently asked this question..."Do you feel weird eating out alone?" I have to say no. But I've also lived on my own for 9 years. And growing up, my parents were not around much. They worked all the time. Yes, I've had roommates off and on. I also have a lot of amazing friends. But I still go out to eat alone sometimes.

I never feel weird or uncomfortable. But I will say this, other people tend to feel weird about it. I don't know why. But they do. It's like sitting there, it makes them uncomfortable. Why? I have no clue.

I do have my limits though. I won't go to a big restaurant alone. A place like Red Lobster or PF Changs. Or to events like the Participant Dinner At the LC Mariachi Conference. That's just too weird for me.

Sometimes I find it weirder to go with people too. Like when I was tricked into Winter Ball as a senior in high school. I was supposed to go with a group of friends. Then I found myself with a date. That was just weird. Or when we do these big dinners for the hospital. Suddenly I find that one of the single doctors has become my date. It's just weird.

So I have a question. If you are single, do you ever go out alone? And I'm not talking shopping or movies. That's easy to do alone. But going out to eat. Or to big events. Why do people always feel the need to have someone with them at big events, fiestas, dances, weddings, dinner, etc. I just find that some days, I want to be alone. Like I crave it. I have a feeling it's because I'm always around people. But sometimes, it's just nice to go out to dinner by yourself. ♥Besitos

No comments: