Monday, August 30, 2010

Makes Me Go...Huh?

I woke up this morning before 4AM. Not feeling very well. I'm thinking that this is round 2 of last month. I don't know. I'm still not "a OK." But I'm hopeful. Anyways, I woke up. Cold. But hot. And very thirsty. I found one lonely Juicy Juice box in the fridge. And sat at the kitchen table drinking my juice. I felt like I was 4 years old again...

Then I went to bed...

At almost 7AM, I woke up. In a cold sweat. Really out of it. Not sure what had just happened. Or even where I was. Does that ever happen to you? You feel so out of place. Like your own body is foreign.

I had a weird dream. Like I was going to a High School Reunion of some sort. And all these people that I had gone to school with, they were there. Not just high school. But all the schools I've gone to. Including pre-school...

It was so weird. And I saw an old friend there. We were friends in high school. He was hilarious! And he had this longish hair. We always talked about hair. Because his was gorgeous! Mine was out of control! Anyway, we sat down to talk.

*In real life, he has been dating the same woman since we were sophomores in high school. Another really good friend of mine.*

Anyway, I haven't seen or talked to either of them in years. And that is what makes this such a weird dream.

So the next thing I remember. My cousin was laying in some room. On a bed, all dressed up. With a baby girl. My cousin who I haven't seen, since my uncle died almost 5 years ago. She had just had her little girl. And was now getting married. Weird I know. But it gets more crazy!

I had just married my friend. And after the wedding and the reception, we welcomed our twin daughters into the world. The hospital was across the street. And as we were leaving the reception, I went into labor. Literally, all of this happened within a 2 day span. And we were having some sort of joint baby shower. It was so weird!

My mom had picked out some cute little things for us. All of which, my cousin was trying to steal. And our daughters were adorable! With jet black hair, just like their daddy. :) And of course, pale skin like me. Poor things! But my "new hubby" was doing a great job. For some reason, we had to go to the Post Office across the street. It was like we had to register them, before getting to take them home. So weird.

My new hubby did all of that for us. And I stayed behind feeding these precious little girls. Breastfeeding. I'm assuming because that's what I teach at the DOH. The entire time, my cousin was boiling over. Because her new husband wouldn't help her. In real life, she's pretty demanding too!

So as I got ready, so that my family and I could go home, my hubby was getting our daughters ready. I came out and he had them all dressed and ready to go. In the cutest little dresses with little sun hats. All of our things were already in our car. My mom was so super excited to have twin granddaughters. And my cousin was having a fit and a half!

I go and pick up one of our little girls. And her daddy hadn't put their diapers on them! I just thought it was hilarious. He wasn't sure how to put on the cloth diapers. So my mom showed him how. It was too sweet. And he was so patient. All I can remember though, is seeing his glasses. Those black frames.

Later, we were at our home. I swear, we weren't living anywhere near here. I don't know where we were living. But we had a nice quiet home. Our daughters had an adorable nursery. And my new hubby and I, well we seemed very much in love. And so happy!

*This was such a weird dream. Because my friend, he was one of my best friends in high school. But I never had any type of romantic feelings about him. None! He was just that person that I hung out with. We would moan and groan about stupid homework assignments. We frequently ran in various runs around town. Like the Ryan's Run. We would cram with our Cliff's Notes minutes before an exam. Or find ways to get out of dumb Senate stuff.

This was way out there. I did leave out some details. Because it was just a weird dream. Something totally unexpected. I've noticed that when I'm not feeling very well, all of these odd dreams happen. So weird!

Well, now it has me thinking about my 2 friends. Not romantically or anything like that. I'm just wondering how they're doing. They now live across the country. But I have no way to get in touch with them. I hope they are doing well. But for me, it's now time for me to get to work. ♥Besitos

No comments: