Saturday, August 28, 2010

Morning Morning Glory

I'm home for the night. Day. Whatever it turns out to be. It's going to be a busy weekend. I drove from "The City Different" early this morning. And when I walked in the door, my Dad said, "Morning, Morning Glory."

Apparently, he used to tell my Mom that. But since I was little, that's how he has told me "Good Morning." It's cute. And it's our thing. I tell him, "Good Morning Sunshine." When I was little and I didn't want to get out of bed, I've always hated mornings! My Dad would tell me "Morning, Morning Glory." And he would tickle me until he knew I was awake.

It was funny, because my Dad told me, that he better be the only "Sunshine" in my life. I wonder what my Dad is going to do when I bring home "The One." You know that is something that freaks me out. How am I ever going to introduce a man to my father. He will probably scare the poor guy away!

I always tell my parents, when I decide to get married, I'm going to elope. Then they will get to meet their son-in-law. But only after it's official. Because I fear that they would be so upset. At least my Dad would. It's tough being the baby of the family. People just don't get it. But for now, I'm my Daddy's "Morning Glory," and he's my "Sunshine." ♥Besitos

No comments: