Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Wondering

It's been about a year since my neighbor died. She was an amazing woman. It was so sad. I didn't know that she had past away. At the same time that she died, my uncle also died. And I had gone home. It wasn't until about a month later, that I found out that my neighbor had past away. So sad!

1 year. Her husband has stayed strong. Their daughter and granddaughter moved in with him. He also has 2 friends there. And from time to time his son also stays there. You see, my neighbor was in her early 50s. And was having stomach issues. We'd sit and talk many nights in our yards. And I'd encourage her to see a doctor. She never did. Until the end. The day that she went in, they gave her less than 6 months. A week later, she had died.

It was a short time. An extremely short time. And I never got to say goodbye. I know, she left me with a feeling of loss. I miss her. I miss seeing her smile. Talking about her granddaughter. Sharing recipes. And just having a nice talk. It's been a year. And I can only imagine the pain the family still feels.

Slowly but surely, they've been selling their stuff. About a month ago, lots of stuff went to the trash. And lots is being sold on Craig's List. It makes me sad. To know that one day, all of us will just be but a memory.

I'm also sad because it isn't looking good. I think, it's weird that they're selling all their furniture. Who does that? I don't know. But to me, it looks as though they may be in the process of moving. Which is incredibly sad.

These were the first of my neighbors that I met. Incredibly kind. Always willing, able, and excited to help out. They made me smile and laugh. J was there when I needed a shoulder to cry on. And it's been a pleasure to live next door. I just hope that my neighbor is not moving. What an incredible loss that would be. ♥Besitos

No comments: