Monday, September 6, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

So this weekend, my parents came to visit me. Obviously, it was a holiday weekend. And they had 3 days off. Um, they haven't been here since Christmas. So it was a nice visit. :)

They came late Friday night. Nothing too major happened. My Mom and I stood up talking. My Dad was in bed by 11PM. But Saturday, we had a full and fun day. It started with my Mom making the best breakfast ever! OK, so before going to bed, my Dad put a pot of beans on. Saturday morning, they were perfect! OMG! My Mom also made fresh tortillas, yummy chili, papitas, huevos, and bacon. It was so yummy!

After breakfast, we headed to the Farmers' Market. My Dad sat and listened to the music. My Mom and I did some shopping. We bought some yummy fruit and veggies. I really like buying food that's fresh like this. We also bought some fresh bread. Oh, and some cookies to snack on while we were there. Those were my Dad's favorites. :)

I also managed to do a little shopping for my Goddaughter. Yup, I bought Sarita some presents. Her birthday is next month. A book, some Muertos, and a hat. My Mom and I also picked up a few barrette's and hair ties for ourselves. It was such a relaxing morning. So much to see and do.

Later that day, we went to eat at the new Chinese place in town. OMG! They gave us so much food. I was lucky to eat 1/3 of it! But honestly, we were just trying to get out of all the heat. We also made our way to Hobby Lobby. Of course, my Mom and I spent almost 2 hours in there. We bought all sorts of things. I needed some supplies to finish up some projects. And my Mom bought some fabric. And a bunch of beads. We then went home and relaxed for the rest of the evening.

Sunday we went to church. And of course, my Dad had to go to VI for breakfast. Makes me laugh. But he really enjoys the place. Then we headed back to my house. To work on some projects. It took us a while, but we fixed my gate. And did a little weed pulling. My Mom worked on the leak in the roof. And well, we just got some projects done.

While my Dad took a nap, my Mom and I decided that we wanted to have a BBQ. So I pulled out some meat and we wrote up a list. Wally World wasn't too bad. We were in and out, in about 20 minutes. And then, I was grilling. We had hamburgers, hot dogs, chili beans (homemade!), grilled veggies, calabacitas, and papitas. A lot of food, huh? I know! I had a burger, and lots of veggies. Not too bad.

We also had dessert. Ice cream and chocolate chip cookies! :) It was so yummy. And relaxing. We sat out in my yard. Under the shade. And just enjoyed the evening. My Mom and I watered all the flowers and plants. And just relaxed.

Monday morning, well it proved a little difficult. My parents wanted to eat out. But everything was closed. All of my favorite little places. Finally we found a place open...Los Compas. It was so yummy! But it did take over an hour, to find a place to eat. After breakfast, we headed to Home Depot. Who doesn't like that place?

My Dad was looking for some fence things. Oh and a new kitchen drain thing. My Mom and I were looking at all the plants. We ended up buying 2 bushes and 2 pots of flowers. My Mom and I split them when we got back to my house. I ended up with 3 separate plants of one kind, and 2 of the other. My Mom got one of each. And we each got 3 separate flowers from one pot!

We had such a nice weekend. Just hanging out. Doing a little bit of shopping. And well, just enjoying each other's company. It was nice to have them back here. And I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I didn't need to go shopping. But it was a nice thing to do. Just to hangout with my Mom. And I really enjoyed working with my Dad. Hopefully, they won't take another 8 months to come and visit again! ♥Besitos

No comments: