Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ballet Folklorico

For years and years, I wanted to be in Ballet Folklorico. My parents would never put me in it. I'm talking, I was like 3 years old, and I wanted to dance. They thought I was too shy.

I also wanted to play the violin. Another thing they wouldn't let me do. But when I was going to start 6th grade, my uncle helped me get into orchestra. That was when my love of performing started.

But I've never forgot about dancing. I wanted to do it. I cheered and danced in high school. I began dancing and sing when I moved out at 18. And well, I even found a way to incorporate come of that into my Mariachi performing. :)

But Mariachi stuff is getting harder and harder to come by. I usually only perform for big holidays and big concerts. I'm not in a local Mariachi. Mostly because my schedule. I can't lie, back home, I couldn't get into a group if my life depended on it. It really sucks! But I do fill in whenever they need me. I take whatever gig I can get.

Ballet Folklorico keeps grabbing my attention. It's still part of my culture, just like Mariachi. But where would I go for classes? I'm still not too connected in this town. But this is something that I'd enjoy doing. I mean, just watch these videos. You can't tell me that it doesn't look fun.



Do you see that? Well, I do some of that dancing already in Mariachi. I learned from some dancers years ago! And in the group I was once in, back home, me and a friend would dance like this. Puro Jarocho!



This is just a beautiful dance. Just look at the way they dance. How can you not fall in love with Ballet Folklorico.



This is one of the beautiful and fun dances that I just love. Another one that I learned with a friend. :)



And who doesn't like a good Polka? I mean come on! I was born dancing these no lie! My grandma had me dancing polkas when I learned how to walk. I still love to dance them.



This just makes me smile. Come on! you have to admit it. What I would give to dance a Polka right now!



One of my favorite songs to play. And just love to watch the dancers dance to this song! It's just beautiful.



La Bruja is another one of my favorite songs. I don't know why. It just is. And this dance, absolutely beautiful!

I'm telling you, I really want to start learning Ballet Folklorico. And I don't mean how my friend and I learned. It was backstage before a show. I want to really study this type of dance. Maybe I'll do it at the Mariachi Conference this year. Or maybe I'll actually find a studio to start studying at. ♥Besitos

No comments: