Saturday, September 11, 2010

Never Forget



September 11, 2001 was one the darkest days in our Nation's history. What a sad and truly horrible day. I was a freshman in college. Just starting out on my own. I had lived on my own for less than 2 months.

That was the day that changed our lives forever. It changed our sense of security. Of trust. Of life. But it's a day that we can never forget. What an important day that was. There were so many heroes, people that gave their lives to help others. And so many innocent lives that were lost.

This image, is forever ingrained in my mind. Along with watching the Twin Towers collapse. That's how my life as an adult began, with this tragic day.

But on this day, 9 years later, I celebrate the lives that were lots. They're what's important. So many lives were changed because of this day. But we'll never forget those who lost their lives.

I have some footage on VHS. And I was slightly tempted to bring it with me. Just to watch and remember. But today, I'm not going to be sad. I'm going to work hard at celebrating so many beautiful lives. And I'm going to live my days to the fullest. Because so many people never got the chance. ♥Besitos

No comments: