Friday, January 15, 2010

Soffe Shorts

I was a cheerleader for over 5 years. And Soffe Shorts were a staple. A must have! We wore them every single day! I would say, we at least ordered 10 pair a year!



I know what you're thinking, it's January. Who in their right mind wears shorts right now? I don't know. But I do. To workout in. To go running outside. And to relax at home. They've been a staple piece since I was 13 years old.



They come in so many colors. And are easily the most comfortable shorts you will ever wear. Ever!



Yes, back in the day I had some shorts that were personalized. With my name, our school's name, or our mascot. And on the butt of them, we had various things as well. I'm sure the guys from our high school remember some of our cheers, just because of our shorts and bloomers. :)



And although it's been years since I've cheered, these little guys are about the only thing that I've really hung onto. They're perfect for running. And for working out. And when the elastic gets bad, they're good to sleep in too. ;)



How come these shorts seem so much longer than ours? I would have paid good money for longer shorts. As I remember them, our butts used to hang out of them. No lie! I used to wear my bloomers or spandex shorts underneath. Yes, our shorts and skirts barely covered our tushies. :)



But we lived in them. We had red, white, and blue ones for games. And I don't know how many different colors for practice. Our coach was silly like that. And come to think of it, I think she was the reason all of our bottoms were so short. In fact, I know she was! I was hated uniform ordering. She would have all of our skirts shortened. I know we didn't like it, but again, I'm sure the guys in our high school enjoyed it.



But there you go. My love of Soffe shorts. Back then, we ordered them with our uniforms. Now, well I still have plenty of pairs that fit. And I've occasionally bought some at Hobby Lobby. They're at least 2 inches longer. And I'm happy about that.

Soffe shorts are the most amazing things to workout in. The little slits on the side all for a lot of flexibility. And the shorts are so breathable. If you live around here, yes, I'm the mujer that runs in these shorts, in the dead of winter. ♥Besitos

No comments: