Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday the 13th



Do you think that today is bad luck? I don't. I am actually a fan of the number 13. And of Fridays. Put them together, and I am still very happy!

But I'm also not having the best of days. Probably because I am sitting here wishing I was at the conference. I love Mariachi. Probably, as much as, most women love makeup. Or most men love sports. But this year, I am not attending. Um, it has been a while, since I attended as a student. But at the very least, I usually go to the concert.

But this year, well it isn't happening. And that makes me so sad. This is probably my favorite event all year! I guess, it shows me that my life is going down a completely different path right now. But seriously! One of my all time favorite singers in performing tomorrow night. And I won't be there!

Today, I am determined to get my Goddaughter's nursery ready and done. I agreed and promised, to do the nursery months ago. Because my friends asked. And it was going to be for my goddaughter. Oh, and I LOVE to decorate. But life kind of just got in the way. School and work have swamped me. Then I had a lot of traveling for work and performing. Oh, and my sewing machine just died on me!

It's been a little tough, to say the least, to get my project done. But my Goddaughter is due any day now. And she needs a room to come home to. The painters and contractor have been here. And they have finished everything that they needed to do. The furniture is here. I just need to sew the bedding and the curtains. And get everything in it's place. Decorate. That sort of thing. It doesn't sound like a lot. But I have a pile of fabric staring at me, saying different.

My Friday the 13th isn't bad luck. Instead, I am just sulking a bit. Wishing that I was making beautiful music. Instead of sitting here listening to the wind howl outside. Don't let me get you down. Go and have some fun today! After all, it is Friday! ♥Besitos

No comments: