Thursday, July 22, 2010

Opportunity Missed

You can tell me I'm crazy. I'm probably going to agree with you anyway. This morning, I was exhausted. And I really didn't want to get out of bed. Or in this case, off the couch. I'm here at my parents' house visiting. And they insist on getting up early. And going out to eat. I'm not a big fan of the VI. So they tempted me with Barela's.

I got up. Went to take a shower. And didn't really care what I wore. Frankly, I just pulled whatever out of my bag. I rain a comb through my wet hair and piled it on top of my head with a clip. No makeup. Let's just say, I'm not a morning person. And this morning, I was not expecting to see a soul that I knew...

And off we went. We dropped my Dad off in the front. My Mom and I parked the car. Once inside, we talked to a cousin of mine and some friends. And sat down. We ordered our breakfast, and began planning our day.

It was a relatively uneventful meal. We joked with some people that sat next to us. We watched people. And I was playing with a little girl sitting at the next table over. Then I saw him...

Yes, the man that I thought walked on water. I met him when I was a freshman in college. Everything about him, was wonderful. His voice, his playing abilities, his looks...everything! But I was/am shy. And I could barely mutter hi to him then. He always made me nervous. I could barely tune my violin in front of him. Let's not even talk about when he would start to sing Volver. But there he was. In the flesh. I haven't seen him in 5 years?

He walked right behind my parents as he left. In fact, he stood there for a minute or 2. He got stuck behind a waitress, that was delivering food to the next table. I swear, my heart was in my throat. I wanted to be nice. You know. And say hi. But how could I? Oh, and my parents were there. They'd want this whole long story. And I can barely talk to this man. So I tried to be invisible. Which I guess worked. Because he didn't see me.

So I let it go. I didn't say a thing. My entire upper body was red. My parents had no clue. They were talking to our cousin. And I felt stupid for blushing. And for not talking to this man.

He hasn't changed much. He grew his hair out. The last time I had seen him, he had shaved it all off. But he still had that wonderful smile...and that contagious laugh. One day, I hope I can at least talk to him. Without getting tongue tied and all flustered. What is wrong with me? I'm not always like this... ♥Besitos

No comments: