Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's All in the Frijoles



This book, it's one my favorites. :) When I first moved, I went shopping. I had little money. Very little money to just throw away. I was now a happy home owner, and a soon to be college freshman.

But I found myself in the quaint town, nearby the college town I was living in. And I was in this dusty old bookstore. Oh bookstores. How I love thee! There I found Yolanda Nava's book. And I just had to have it.

There went my trip to the nearby Candy Shop. But I had this amazing book. Which I read from cover to cover that evening. It was the middle of July. Hot and rainy. I sat on an old side table, in my porch. A table that the previous owners had left behind. And I was in love!

"It's All in the Frijoles" cost me $15. And was well worth it. That was nearly 7 years ago. And I still have it. The following summer, my grandparents came to visit me. And mi abuelita fell in love with this book. There's just something about it. The stories and dichos take me back to my childhood. It's a great find for anyone wanting a good read. ♥Besitos

No comments: